From military officer to corporate executive, Jim Bearden has learned why some people step up and others don't. An advocate for the heroic effort, Jim helps leaders close the gap between what sounds good and what gets done: Jim works with companies to unleash the hero in your midst
Jim Bearden’s many rich life experiences form the basis for his anecdotes, his humor and, most importantly, the insights he shares to create hero-friendly environments:
- Decorated Viet Nam Veteran: Earned the Bronze Star Medal as a Marine rifle company commander
- Top Sales Producer & Sales Manager of The Raydio Group, increasing sales 23% in 2 years (industry norm is 5%)
- VP of Strategic Development of an international tax consulting corporation: Saving clients over 2 billion dollars
- Founder of his own successful business, Bearden Resource Group: Speaking to over 1500 different audiences since 1988
- Past President of the National Speakers Association, Heart of Texas Chapter
- Author of The Relentless Search for Better Way, a book about Leadership & Winning, now in it's 3rd printing
- Co-Author of Good Business: Putting Spiritual Principles into Practice at Work
- Spiritual Lay Director: Instituted & facilitates a weekly men's program at his parish for over 125 participants
One of fewer than 500 speakers to earn the prestigious Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association, Jim has been a professional speaker for 24 years. During that time he has conducted training and delivered presentations for corporate audiences, trade and professional associations and government agencies in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Jim runs & bikes over 1500 miles a year and has completed 2 marathons despite receiving near fatal injuries in a head-on collision with a drunk driver. He is a licensed pilot, a voracious reader, and by his own admission, a "pretty bad" golfer! Jim has been married 25 years, has 3 children and a granddaughter.
Jim Bearden, CSP, is one of America’s most dynamic, captivating speakers; and with his aggressive follow-up process, he is also a powerful agent for change.